Please confess to me [rebirth] 59

Extra (7)


The divorced Su Hang body swapped to the married Su Hang (4)



***

7:30 a.m.

Mrs. Zhang arrived at the hospital with her carefully prepared breakfast in her arms and two little boys on either side of her. Yesterday, Su Hang had asked her to go check on the children back home. Mrs. Zhang agreed and spent the night at the villa with the children and Li QingYuan. Now, Li QingYuan had driven her and the children to the hospital so that ZuoZuo and YouYou could visit their mother.

“Mom.”

“Mom!”

As soon as ZuoZuo and YouYou saw their mother’s room number, they pushed the door open and ran inside. Yesterday, their father took their mother away with such a panicked look on his face and didn’t come back for an entire day. The two children had naturally been very worried. Although Uncle Li explained that their mom went to the hospital to give them a sister, they were still concerned. They hadn’t seen their mother for an entire night!

“ZuoZuo, YouYou.” After a full night’s rest, Shen Xi looked much better.

“Mom, how are you?” ZuoZuo wrinkled his brow, his small face full of distress.

“Mom’s fine. I’ll be out of the hospital in two days.” Shen Xi smiled.

“Mom, where’s our sister?” YouYou asked. Uncle Li and Grandma Zhang both said their sister had come out of their mother’s stomach yesterday.

“Your sister is with the doctor, getting examined. She’ll be brought here as soon as that’s done.” Shen Xi told them.

“We can see her after?” ZuoZuo’s eyes began to shine.

“Yeah.” Shen Xi nodded.

Mrs. Zhang unpacked the prepared breakfast and brought the tray towards Shen Xi. “Madam, eat something first.”

“Yes, yes, Mom, you need to eat!” YouYou and ZuoZuo chorused. They looked at Shen Xi, eagerly waiting for her to eat.

“Come, eat with me.” Shen Xi didn’t have much appetite, but she picked up the chopsticks with a smile after seeing her children's expectant faces.

Mrs. Zhang smiled at this scene, then plated the rest of the food. She set the table and turned to Su Hang: “Sir, you should eat something too.”

“Nn.” Su Hang gave her a non-committal reply, too busy watching Shen Xi and the children with tender eyes.

“Then you guys have a good meal. I’ll take a peek at my little goddaughter, then leave for work.” Li QingYuan saw that he wasn’t needed anymore, so he planned to leave soon.

“I’ll go with you.” Su Hang put down the chopsticks he had just picked up.

“No need, no need. You go ahead and eat breakfast.” Li QingYuan told him.

Su Hang didn’t reply and simply stood up and walked towards the door. Li QingYuan helplessly shrugged his shoulders, waved everyone goodbye, then turned and followed Su Hang out.

Looking towards the door, a trace of hesitation flashed across Shen Xi’s eyes. Was Su Hang planning on telling Li QingYuan about his situation?



In the pediatrics ward, in front of a certain room.


With hands placed against the glass window, an ecstatic Li QingYuan stared at the little pink baby. As if he was looking at his own child, he said: “Sure enough, she’s beautiful. When YouYou and ZuoZuo were at this age, they didn’t look as pretty as her, ah.”

“You were also here when they were born?” Su Hang asked.

“Of course, ah. I even held them before you did.” Li QingYuan still remembered that day. Shen Xi had given birth to two children in a row and was in so much pain she almost passed out. Su Hang had left YouYou and ZuoZuo in dislike, so Li QingYuan ended up holding the two little boys before their father.


“You said...she’s your goddaughter?” Su Hang seemed to have realized that Li QingYuan mentioned this when they left the ward.

“You can’t go back on it!” Li QingYuan hurriedly told him. “When ZuoZuo and YouYou were born, I wanted to be their godfather, but you told me to get my own child. How can I get a child when I don’t even have a partner, ah! Let me have this! Sister-in-law promised that she’ll be my goddaughter seven months ago, ah. No take backs!”

“I’m not taking it back.” Su Hang solemnly told him. “You’re her godfather. In fact, you can be the godfather of all three of my children.”

“What? Why so generous?” Li QingYuan was shocked that his friend was suddenly so talkative.

“QingYuan, thank you.” Su Hang wanted to say this the moment he saw Li QingYuan today. Because if Li QingYuan hadn’t told Shen Xi that he had secretly loved her, then Shen Xi wouldn’t have accepted him so quickly, and he wouldn’t have this wonderful dream.

“Why all this all of a sudden?” Li QingYuan blinked. He didn’t feel like he had done anything particularly noteworthy recently. Was it because he helped take care of the two boys yesterday? But he had helped with the two boys in other instances, and Su Hang hadn’t been anywhere as polite.

“I just wanted to thank you.” Su Hang told him with grateful eyes.

“Cough...I didn’t do anything big, no need to be so polite.” Li QingYuan was so frightened he began to stammer. “W-well, I’m off to work. I’m...I’ll come back tomorrow.”

Su Hang watched Li QingYuan leave, then turned his head and continued to stare at his daughter across the glass window. She really did look much better compared to yesterday. Su Hang wished that this dream world would move faster. He wanted to watch her grow up, become a sweet and lovely little girl who called him father...he wanted to send her to kindergarten, primary school, middle school, high school...and then finally hand her off on her wedding day to some stinky boy.

“Mr. Su, are you here to pick up your baby?” A nurse found Su Hang staring down at his daughter and asked him with a smile.

“Is she cleared to leave the pediatrics ward?” Su Hang asked.

“Yes, she’s a healthy little girl and has been cleared to be transferred. I was just about to bring her to her mother.” The nurse replied.

“Can I push the crib?” Su Hang looked at the crib the nurse had been pushing.

“Of course.” The nurse smiled.

And so, Su Hang pushed the pink baby stroller back to Shen Xi’s room. His daughter, who still couldn’t open her eyes, could only move her hands and feet during this brief trip.

When the father-daughter pair entered Shen Xi’s room, ZuoZuo and YouYou were surprised. Although they didn’t like that they had fallen out of favor because of her, when they saw the little bundle in the crib, they just couldn’t bring themselves to dislike their sister. In the end, everyone spent the day in harmony.

At lunch, Father and Mother Shen arrived to spend some time with their grandchildren.

Shen Xi accepted the lunch her mother had brought, then turned to Su Hang. “Take ZuoZuo and YouYou out to eat lunch.”

“Alright.” Su Hang nodded, then looked down at the two children who didn’t even reach his waist. After a moment’s pause, he stiffly stretched out his hands.

ZuoZuo and YouYou hesitated, then turned towards Shen Xi. At her encouraging nod, the children glanced at each other, then took their father’s hand.

The feeling of their soft, small hands made Su Hang’s heart tremble. Joy was practically overflowing in him as he raised his head to look at Shen Xi.

“Go on. There are a lot of people outside, so you better hold tight. Don’t get separated, alright?”

“Yeah.” Su Hang tightened his grip on the two boys and nodded solemnly.

“If there’s something particular you want to eat, tell your dad.” Shen Xi looked at her two sons once more and gently smiled.

“We can get anything?” YouYuo’s eyes brightened.

“Anything.” Shen Xi confirmed. She even made sure to tell Su Hang: “Give them whatever they want.”

“Nn.” Su Hang nodded once more.

“Go on.” Shen Xi felt a sense of relief as she watched the awkward Su Hang lead the two boys out of the room.

“Why do I feel like Su Hang’s acting a little strange today?” Mother Shen tilted her head. “I feel like he’s acting very formal, ah.”

Shen Xi smiled but didn’t speak. How can this Su Hang possibly act informally? After all, today was his first day of being a father.

Su Hang drove to the nearest shopping mall. As soon as they got off the car, Su Hang grasped his two sons’ hands then walked towards a fast food restaurant against an endless stream of people. Because the father was too handsome and the two sons were too cute, many people were glancing at them on the way. In fact, some even took photos with their cell phones.

All this made Su Hang a little too agitated, and in the end, he picked up his two sons and quickly carried them inside.

ZuoZuo and YouYou grabbed at their father’s shoulders and laughed in delight. Su Hang smelled the faint scent of milk from the two boys and felt his anxiety disappear.

“Dad, dad, I want fries.”

“Dad, sundaes too.”

“Dad, I want hash browns!”

“Dad, I want some juice, ah.”

Buy, buy, we’ll buy the entire restaurant. Because of a single word, President Su’s brain short-circuited, and he seriously thought whether or not he should just buy the entire place.

(T/N: Because they called him ‘dad’)

“Dad, you have some too.” YouYou fed Su Hang some fries.

“Dad, try this! It’s sweet.” ZuoZuo gave Su Hang a spoonful of ice cream.

Su Hang readily ate both. Slowly, his heart swelled. Looking at the children’s happy faces, he couldn’t help but smile himself. “Your mother also liked to eat these when she was young.”

“Really?” The two little kids couldn’t quite believe it.

“Really.” Su Hang remembered that one time he bought breakfast for the young Shen Xi all those years ago.

After lunch, the two boys suggested going to the mall to buy some toys. Su Hang naturally wouldn’t object. He led the two children to a toy store and allowed them to choose whatever they wanted. Unexpectedly, the two children came back holding a doll and a beautiful crown hairpin.

“This…” Su Hang was shocked.

“Dad, this is for my little sister. Do you think she’ll like it?” ZuoZuo asked.

“Dad, we’ll pay for these ourselves. Don’t we still have some money from New Year’s? Just deduct the cost from that.” YouYou said.

Su Hang’s heart softened. He crouched down and asked: “It seems that you two like your little sister?”

The two boys looked at each other, then said: “Dad, we’re sorry. We shouldn’t have said that we hated our little sister back then.”

“Yeah, we don’t hate our sister anymore. We’ll protect her in the future, ah. So can we not send her away?” ZuoZuo suddenly became quite sad.

“Send her away?” Su Hang was confused.

“Last night, Uncle Li told us that once our sister grows up, she’ll be someone else’s,” YouYou explained.

“Uncle Li said that a strong man will take our sister away.” ZuoZuo frowned. “I’m going to eat more, study more, and become really strong. That way, no one can steal our sister.”

“Me too! I’ll eat lots and become big. I’ll definitely protect my little sister when I grow up.” YouYou nodded.

Su Hang stretched out his hands and brought the two children into his arms. Feeling emotional, Su Hang replied: “Alright, let’s protect your sister together.”

“Dad, we won’t fight with our sister in the future,” ZuoZuo promised.

“We’ll give her all the delicious food.” YouYou nodded.

“That’s nice.” Su Hang couldn’t help but kiss the tops of his son’s heads.

YouYou and ZuoZuo felt shy, but nevertheless, they pounced on their father and kissed his cheeks. Su Hang’s heart was overflowing.


When dinnertime came around, Father Shen and Mother Shen took ZuoZuo and YouYou back to their home, leaving Shen Xi and Su Hang alone in the hospital room. This Su Hang was a lot quieter than his counterpart, and Shen Xi would honestly be fine spending the rest of the night in companionable silence.

But Shen Xi filled the room with chatter, deliberately breaking the silence as much as she could. She did this because she knew it made this Su Hang feel a sense of security. However, eventually, it got late. Shen Xi could see the man’s bloodshot eyes and told him: “If you’re sleepy, then go to bed.”

Su Hang shook his head.

“You haven’t slept for two days.” After the emotional rollercoaster that he just had, how can his body still support himself?

“I’m not sleepy.” Su Hang insisted. “You go to sleep first.”

Shen Xi looked at the man’s obviously exhausted face and angrily said: “You’re obviously tired, ah. Why don’t you sleep already?”

“...” Seeing Shen Xi’s angry frown, Su Hang pursed his lips and nervously fiddled with the magazine he had been reading. “I’m...I’m afraid that I’ll go back to reality once I fall asleep…”

Shen Xi’s heart trembled.

“ZuoZuo, YouYou, our daughter...and you…” Su Hang looked down at his hands. “Will disappear.”

“You…” Shen Xi’s nose began to sour. She paused for a moment, then asked: “Since you’re so afraid of us disappearing from your life, why do you want to divorce me?”

“Because dreams and reality are two vastly different things.” Su Hang gave her a bitter smile. “In reality, you’re always unhappy.”

“In reality, you don’t want children. I know because there’s always contraceptives in the bedside drawer. In reality, you don’t like spending time at home. Even if I work late, I always get home before you. But whenever I go on a business trip, you’ll stay home. I know you’re the most relaxed when I’m away…”

“So that’s why you travel a lot?” Shen Xi asked.

“...” Su Hang lowered his gaze and said nothing.

“You…” Shen Xi wanted to rise and curse up a storm. However, her body was too weak, and she soon fell back onto the bed.

“Are you alright?” Su Hang rushed over, nervous.

Seeing his tense and worried expression, Shen Xi couldn’t help but soften her heart. She gently asked: “Haven’t you ever thought that dreams can come true?”

Yes. Su Hang had believed this more than anyone else. But the more one hopes, the more they have to lose.

Shen Xi continued: “Why can’t you, like what you’re doing in this dream, work hard and tell me how much you care about me in reality?”

“But in reality, you don’t like me.” Su Hang let out a bitter laugh.

“I like you.” Shen Xi seriously replied.

At her sudden confession, President Su’s face turned slack in disbelief.

“I really do like you. Think about it. If I wanted to divorce you, I could have done it countless times during the past five years. But I never brought it up. Isn’t that right?”

“But...you don’t want to spend time with me.” Su Hang stupidly replied.

“That’s because I always thought you didn’t like me.” Shen Xi turned to Su Hang and analyzed her previous life as if it was nothing more than a fictional story. “Everyone says that you have a woman you’ve been secretly in love with for years. If I knew that my husband is in love with another woman, how can I be happy? In fact, the more I start caring for you, the sadder I’ll be.”

“What’s more, you always travel for business, and I feel like you don’t like being at home. How can I stay in that house alone? I still have my pride, ah. In the end, I might silently bear the fact that my husband doesn’t like me, but I won’t have the courage to openly pursue you. Not getting divorced is already the biggest hint I could’ve given you. Why can’t you understand, ah?”

“I...I don’t have a crush on some other…”

“Then tell me.” Shen Xi said, feeling like she had returned to her previous life. “Go and tell me. Tell me that you don’t like some other woman. Tell me that the woman you’ve always loved is me. Tell me how much you like me. You let me know, alright?”

“I...if I tell you, is there any chance?” Su Hang asked, hope coloring his voice. “Is there a chance that my future will be this? Can I have ZuoZuo, YouYou, and our daughter?”

“If this is just a dream, you can’t stay asleep forever.” Shen Xi told him. “Su Hang, why can’t you just take one more step forward? You gathered all your courage to choose divorce, but why can’t you use all that courage to take a step forward?”

(T/N: Shen Xi doesn’t have the courage to pursue, and she’s asking here for Su Hang to take a step forward and pursue her.)

Yes, the worst outcome would be a divorce. But if you take a step forward, maybe the dream comes true. This kind of temptation was too much.

“I...I’ll try it.” Su Hang said to her in a trembling voice.

Shen Xi nodded in relief.

Su Hang took off his coat, laid on the bed with Shen Xi, then wrapped his arms around her. He was still confused, but he was much too sleepy to continue. “I’m so tired.”

“Go to sleep.” Shen Xi whispered, patting his arm.

“If only I can wake up to your smile.” Su Hang whispered.

“Just say something that’ll make me happy.”

“Then...what should I say?”

“Tell me that you like me.”

Su Hang listened to her steady breathing and eventually slowly closed his eyes with a sigh.

“I like you…” The sleeping man muttered, finally completely out of the ‘dream.’


***

I have a new job and it's eating me alive so today's chapter might not be the best... I'll eventually edit things once I finish the story so bear with me please. 
 
Previous | TOC | Next
 

Comments

  1. (╥﹏╥)

    Finally, the past Su Hang would come back to the past Shen Xi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. Hopefully the job gets better. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the chapter is quite good? Doesn't seem like it needs edits. But since I like anything given to me, I don't mind too much lol ๐Ÿ˜…

    Thanks for the chapter! ๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gahhhh!!!! I have this site just opened in my browser to see if there are updates ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Thank you very much!!!!

    I really really love this story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your job and don’t let yourself burn out.


    On another note, are you planning to translate another novel after you finish this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not right after this. There's actually another novel I've kept my eye on, but I had to put it in the back burner when I got this new job. I'll get around it eventually, but lel you were there when I took a humongous break between RDCAB and this ๐Ÿ˜…

      So, you know....

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the chapter and dont mind, its a pretty much Good work. And be Good. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No need editing. This one and the other chapters looks totally great. Your translation is great proven by how I am able to understand and comprehend the whole paragraph and eventually the whole story. Thank you so much for translating. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  8. The translation is already good. No need to worry about it, and good luck with your new job. May you have success in everything you do. ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for ur hardwork, and I hope u enjoy ur new job. I always enjoys this story which I translating, it is really a good story

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel sad and happy for both Su Hang if they swap again. Why?
    First the SH that wanted divorce, it's sad that he will be separated from them especially the twins that already got close to him though he can achieve it again if he successfully capture his wife in his real world.
    Secondly for the real SH it is sad that he missed his wife's giving birth to their daughter especially he was waiting for it just to be back that his wife has already gave birth. Good thing for him though is he never witness it that may again jeopardise how he treat his daughter just like the twins. And speaking of twins another good news is their relationship will turn to better since the twins already open up to the other SH.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've literally saved this chapter as a 'reward' for finishing work haha! Thank you for the translations and good luck at your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhhhh I binged it and I'm crying. Again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fue tan hermoso este cap (เน‘♡⌓♡เน‘)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment