Please confess to me [rebirth] 54

Extra (2)



***

The married Su Hang body swapped to the divorced Su Hang (2)



"You want to divorce me?"

"No, it's not like that..you...you listen to me." Su Hang strode back towards Shen Xi in a panic.

"Alright." Shen Xi took a deep breath and tried to calm herself. "Explain."

Explain? How could he explain this? Fucking hell, he didn't know what was happening either, ah. However, he had no one to turn to for help. When he looked at Shen Xi's eyes, Su Hang saw that it was if she was looking at a stranger. Su Hang's heart was so flustered; his wife had would never look at him like that, ah.

"Explain." Shen Xi urged him with a frown.

"Ah?" Su Hang's brain began to run rapidly. In the end, the only solution Su Hang could think of was to pass the hot potato to Li QingYuan. "That was a joke from Li QingYuan. Right, that kid gave those papers to me as a joke."

(T/N hot potato means a difficult problem that nobody wants to be associated with)

"A joke? But it has your signature on it." After being married for so long, despite the lack of love in their marriage, Shen Xi could still recognize Su Hang's handwriting.

"This...I signed it on accident." Su Hang quickly explained. "He mixed it in between some contracts, and I signed it without thinking."

"You don't read the contracts given to you before signing it?" Shen Xi raised a brow in doubt.

"I-I was too busy yesterday." I was clearly at home all day yesterday with my wife, ah. I didn't do anything! "Li QingYuan handed me that document personally, so I didn't think too much of it. I just realized what it was this morning. I was planning on finding that kid to settle things today."

"..." Shen Xi eyed him suspiciously. She didn't know why, but she felt that Su Hang was acting a little strange today. Su Hang was saying more words to her today than all the days last week combined. What's more, based on the tense expression on his face, he seemed afraid of making her angry. Why would he be afraid? Shen Xi felt that she was beginning to overthink things. "You don't want to divorce me?"

"How is that possible? I worked so hard to marry you, ah. Even if I'm beaten to death, I won't divorce you." Su Hang replied.

Worked so hard? Shen Xi became stupefied. What does that mean? Working hard? Does that refer to the three billion yuan they loaned? Shen Xi forcefully stopped her own wishful thinking and handed Su Hang the divorce agreement. "Here you are."

"You...you believe me?"

"From the moment I married you, not once did I think of divorce." In their entire five year marriage, this was the first time Shen Xi was expressing her attitude regarding their relationship. Shen Xi straightforwardly told him: "If you...if you ever want to end this marriage, all I ask is that you give me a reason."

After Shen Xi finished saying this, she turned back and went to the second floor. Su Hang loosely held the divorce papers in his hands, stunned. He...he doesn't understand anything about this. He had to ask someone about the situation.

During the drive to the company, Su Hang called Li QingYuan: "Come to my office right now."

"Did you give the divorce papers to Shen Xi?" Thinking that Su Hang really did give the divorce agreement to Shen Xi, Li QingYuan was furious.

"I'll give you divorce papers. Get your ass over to my office!" Su Hang hung up in anger.

Li QingYuan, who was scolded for no reason: "...."

Su Hang arrived at the Su company fuming. Fang Yu appeared when Su Hang entered and immediately brought him the equity transfer contract he had prepared overnight. But when Su Hang saw him, he simply said: "Li QingYuan will arrive soon, let him into my office directly."

"Yes." Fang Yu quickly replied.

"Push back everything planned this morning." Su Hang told him.

"Yes." Fang Yu nodded.

"And go to the cat cafe and get me some milk tea." Su Hang wanted to calm down with a cup of his wife's love-filled milk tea.

"..." Milk tea? When did the Boss drink milk tea?

"What are you still standing there for?" Su Hang looked at Fang Yu as he sat behind his desk.

"This..." Fang Yu silently handed him the document he was holding.

"I'm not in the mood. Go get me some milk tea first." Su Hang was not interested in managing the company's affairs right now. He first had to figure out how the world completely changed after just one night.

After getting shouted at, Fang Yu quietly exited the office. Feeling tangles, he called his assistant Lilith and said: "Go to the cat cafe nearby and buy a cup of milk tea."

"How can a cafe offer milk tea?" Lilith was speechless.

(T/N: Cafe/coffee shops don't usually sell milk tea as they're a different sort of drink? A different type of drink? I mean, you don't see coffee machines in milk tea shops usually.)

"Find a way." Fang Yu replied.

With no chance to argue under the crushing weight of her superior's stare, Lilith could only go out with a bitter expression on her face.

After a while, Li QingYuan arrived at the president's office. He asked Fang Yu: "Where's Su Hang?"

"The president is waiting for you in his office." Fang Yu replied.

Li QingYuan didn't wait for Fang Yu to open the door for him and simply walked in.

"You're trying to find fault in me, right? You're the one who wants the divorce, ah. But trying to blame me just because you're unhappy...I want to break relations with you, ah." Li QingYuan was in a terrible mood. Su Hang, the stupid tsundere, couldn't capture his wife's heart after five whole years of marriage. It was enough to make his heart and liver hurt, ah. Then, the idiot got it into his head that he had to divorce his wife and made Li QingYuan write up a divorce agreement. Afterward, Su Hang still had the gall to blame him! Li QingYuan resolved to personally cut all ties with this crazy person.

"Break relations? If there's anyone here wanting to break off relations, it's me." Su Hang threw the divorce agreement he was holding towards Li QingYuan.

Fang Yu heard their argument and silently closed the office door.

"You're the one who hasn't confessed to his wife despite being married for five whole years!" Li QingYuan scolded.

"You blockhead! My wife, who I've never quarreled with for five years, nearly killed me today because of you!" Su Hang cursed back.

"Would it kill you to say you like her for once in your life?! At least say it once before I kill you!" Li QingYuan shouted.

"If Shen Xi misunderstands me because of what you did, don't think I won't beat you to death!" Su Hang roared.

"What's wrong with you?!" They both shouted at the same time.

Afterward, the room went silent.

In this brief silence, the two men calmed down. They blinked, then looked at one another.

"What do you mean 'say it once before I kill you'?" Su Hang asked.

"What do you mean 'misunderstand because of what you did'?" Li QingYuan also asked.



===========
The author has omitted the five thousand words Li QingYuan needs to explain the situation to Su Hang because it's not required.
===========

(T/N: Instead of writing the scene where Li QingYuan explains things, the author just wrote that up top. Just think of it as a brief intermission, haha.)

"...Are you saying that I've been married for five years, yet I still haven't confessed my feelings for Shen Xi, and I've never once told her that I married her because I like her?" Su Hang was incredulous.

Li QingYuan nodded.

"And people think I like someone else. That I just treat Shen Xi as a stand-in for that supposed person. And Shen Xi thinks that too, but not once did I clarify and explain things to her." Su Hang was in total disbelief.

 Li QingYuan nodded.

"What's more, I've been married for five years, yet I've never once spent new years at home? I travel away on business every year???" Su Hang felt like he'd been hit in the head three consecutive times.

Li QingYuan nodded.

"And to this day, my father-in-law and mother-in-law hate me?" Four times.

Li QingYuan nodded.

"Shen Xi has been depressed all this time?" Out of all the unbelievable revelations today, this was the one thing Su Hang found to be totally unacceptable.

Li QingYuan nodded.

"Last week, I suddenly had a brain fart and decided to divorce Shen Xi to let my wife find true love?" No, this was similarly unacceptable.

Li QingYuan nodded.

"So, I forced you to write the divorce agreement?" Totally unacceptable.

Li Qingyuan nodded. 

"If you lie to me, I'll break all relations with you." Su Hang seriously told him.

"Fucking hell, why would I lie to you about your own affairs? Did you take the wrong medicine today?" Li QingYuan was so fed up he wanted to throw something.

"It's just that the colossal idiot you're describing can't be me, ah." Su Hang replied.

"Oh, thank god. You finally see that you're being a colossal idiot." Li QingYuan let out a huge sigh of relief.

With a dark expression on his face, Su Hang pondered things.

"What are you thinking about?" Li QingYuan asked. 

"I'm thinking that I want to sleep. This must all be a dream." Su Hang solemnly replied.

"...." Li QingYuan took two deep breaths and barely managed to control his overwhelming urge to club the man in front of him over the head. "Do whatever you want. If you want to divorce, sign the papers, then give it to me. I'll help you process it. If you don't want to divorce, you can tear up the agreement."

Rustle!

Su Hang abruptly stood up from the sofa, startling Li QingYuan. Li QingYuan watched Su Hang pick up the divorce agreement from the floor, then run each page through the shredder. After destroying the document, Su Hang breathed out and said: "Even if this is a dream, such things aren't allowed to happen."

There's definitely something wrong with this fool's brain. Li QingYuan rolled his eyes and said: "Figure things out on your own. I'm leaving, ah."

Su Hang's mind was still in chaos. He needed time to sort his thoughts, so he didn't stop Li QingYuan. Anyway, if he needed him, he could always call him again. Li QingYuan was idle 80% of the time, and his office was nearby.

After Li QingYuan left, Fang Yu came back with a cup of milk tea and some documents. "President, your milk tea."

Su Hang accepted the milk tea, and habitually opened the lid. He looked at the coffee-colored milk tea and asked in a cold tone: "Where're the marshmallows?"

"Ha? What marshmallows?" Assistant Fang, who prided himself in his unwavering professionalism, was dumbstruck twice this morning.

"There should be three marshmallows in the milk tea. One heart-shaped, one pink, and one green." Su Hang rigorously said.

"...." When did the president become so girly...

Fang Yu replied: "Then...I'll add some marshmallows?"

"No need." Su Hang took a sip, and sure enough, the taste wasn't right. He put the cup down and asked: "Is there anything urgent that needs to be dealt with today? If there isn't anything important, then just put it off."

"Er..." Fang Yu handed over the document he was holding. "Yesterday, you told me to hand this in by today."

Su Hang took the folder, opened it, and took a look. His eyes immediately widened. "Equity transfer agreement???"

"Yes." Fang Yu innocently nodded. Isn't this what you asked me to do? Why are you making such a shocked expression, ah? The president is acting really strange today.

"Why am I transferring all of my Su shares to someone else?" Su Hang felt that this dream was really too weird, ah.

Fang Yu very much wanted to ask the same thing, but as a subordinate, he could only wonder in silence.

"Tell me!" Su Hang ordered Fang Yu.

"You said you were going to divorce your wife." Since you're forcing me to say it, then he won't be polite, ah. Fang Yu repeated what Su Hang had told him: "You said you didn't want to stay in this sad place. Su company is encountering a multitude of difficulties in trying to acquire the real estate investments from last year, mostly because the company is short on funds. However, you weren't willing to ask the Shen family for help and instead decided to sell all your stocks. You arranged for half your assets to be used as alimony for your wife, while the other half will be donated to the world children's organization."

"..." Su Hang blankly stared at Fang Yu for three whole minutes, just to make sure he wasn't kidding. What was he thinking? Divorcing Shen Xi, selling off all his assets. Don't tell me the next step was running away from home and going someplace far away? (Grumpy Crab: It seems that no matter which life, your thought process is consistent, ah.)

The upset and agitated Su Hang turned his head, wanting to look at his wife's photo to calm down. He looked around his desk, and alright, there wasn't a single photo frame to be found. Su Hang took out his cellphone and went to his photo gallery. But fuck, all the photos were side photos, obviously secretly taken. He was like a stalker, ah. Su Hang took a few deep breaths to suppress the countless swear words he wanted to shout. After some thought, he opened his desk drawer. Sure enough, the rabbit doll that his wife had brought home years ago was still lying inside.

They've been married for five years, but his relationship with Shen Xi seems to be that of stiff indifference. The rabbit doll was still here, so that means he hadn't told Shen Xi about their childhood. There wasn't a photo frame on his desk, so that means they hadn't gone to H city. Fucking hell, five whole years, and all he had to show for was photos taken on the sly? They were already married, ah. He had all the right to show affection. Why was he wronging himself by acting like a stalker towards his own goddamn wife??

"President?" Fang Yu saw his Boss gnash his teeth in silence and couldn't help but remind him: "You made an appointment with the boss of another company to formally transfer all your shares at 3:00 p.m. this afternoon."

"No." Su Hang threw the documents away.

"What?"

"I'm not signing anything, I'm not selling anything." The company doesn't have money? Then he'll ask his father-in-law for some. "Go to the finance department and find out just how much money is needed. Give me the report this afternoon. I'll find a way to gather the money."

"That..." Fang Yu beamed with joy.

"Also, help me find someone. His name is Chen Yu, and he set up an internet company in the development zone five years ago. I think it's called YuFei Network. Give me his contact information." Su Hang found this bad dream to be too dreadful. He had to turn things around.

"Yes." Fang Yu replied, then went out of the office.

Su Hang leaned back against his chair and began to straighten out his thoughts. The more he thought about it, the more he was convinced that the Su Hang in his dream had brain damage. He would love to drag the idiot by his feet and kick him in the brain.

After working hard the entire day, Su Hang drove home in a hurry.

"Xiao Xi..." As soon he entered the house, Su Hang called out.

"Sir, you're back." Mrs. Zhang met him at the door and said: "The Madam won't be coming back for dinner tonight."

"Not coming back?" Su Hang was immediately depressed. "Then give me a bowl of noodles."

"Noodles, sir? But I've already cooked everything." Mrs. Zhang replied.

"I'll have noodles." Su Hang muttered. His wife used to feel distressed whenever he said he would only eat noodles and would come home to accompany him. "Call my wife and tell her that I'm in a bad mood and will only have noodles for dinner."

Mrs. Zhang was very confused but followed his instructions. She called Shen Xi and said: "Sir told me to call you and say that he was in a bad mood and would only be eating noodles for dinner."

"..." Shen Xi was silent for a while, then said: "Alright."

"What did she say?" A hopeful Su Hang asked.

"Madam said 'alright.'." Mrs. Zhang told him the truth.

She's not coming home right away? Su Hang became so sad that he didn't want to eat, not even the noodles.

Shen Xi originally planned on going back to the Shen family home to have dinner with her parents, but after that strange phone call, she turned the car and headed back to the villa she stayed in with Su Hang. It was a very abnormal day today.

"You're back?" Su Hang turned to Shen Xi when she walked in.

Shen Xi was frightened at the man's melancholy tone. She pursed her lips, then silently stared at Su Hang.

Seeing that Shen Xi was standing still by the entrance, Su Hang walked over and brought his wife into his arms. He sighed comfortably and said: "I was scared to death today."

Shen Xi stiffened, the man's intimate actions and affectionate tone making her too scared to move.

"Wife, I love you." Su Hang kissed Shen Xi's ear. Su Hang was simply reciting the lines he would say to his wife every day, but it frightened Shen Xi.

Shen Xi took a step back, and with a pale face, said: "You don't have to do this. I've been seriously thinking about having children. I'll give you a reply in a week at most."

"Having children?" Su Hang was confused.

"When we got married, I knew that there was someone else in your heart. You don't...I'd rather you not tell me you like me. I don't want you to lie to me." Shen Xi bitterly smiled. "Although there's no love in our marriage, at the very least, I always believed that we've been sincere towards each other."

What nonsense is his wife talking about, ah? Someone else in his heart? No love???

"Love...don't say such things so casually." Shen Xi looked at Su Hang. "Especially between us..."

Su Hang couldn't bear to listen anymore. He hugged Shen Xi and began to kiss her. He gave her all the kisses they experienced between them for the past five years. He ignored Shen Xi's struggles, and it was only after he nearly suffocated her that he let go. Su Hang very seriously told her: "Shen Xi, listen to me. In my heart, there's only you. Su Hang will only ever like Shen Xi. Ever since I was eight years old, I've never had another woman in my heart."

A completely dumbfounded Shen Xi looked at him in bewilderment.




The author has something to say: 

Su Hang has turned into a complete 'overbearing president'...(Yes, this was the real purpose for this crab writing this extra.)




***

'break relations with you' can also mean 'break up with you.'

I found this funny because all the times Li QingYuan and Su Hang said 'break relations' to each other can be replaced with 'I'm going to break up with you.'

Li QingYuan and Su Hang are best bros.


Also, while the writing and Su Hang's reactions are funny, I just find the whole situation to be tinged with a great deal of sadness, ah.
 
 

Comments

  1. Thank you for the chapter. New Su Hang needs to strangle old Su Hang

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud several times while reading. But, yes, it's also sad. It's nice to know SH grew as a person enough to recognize how stupid his thinking had been-- because that thinking would lead to this timeline. SX really saved him by being persistent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this extra! I think I like it more then the story proper, but you couldn't enjoy this without the background of the main story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like seeing this side of Su Hang, you can really tell that he became more confident. Thanks for the update 💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so if they switcheroo back again, the nearly divorced couple will be lovey dovey because the Suhang from this timeline went to the Shen Xi that came back to the past and showered this depressed Suhang so much love. Then these couples from different timelines will bot get a happy married life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel sad for both past Shen xi and Su hang .
    It's all thanks to present Shen Xi to change Su Hang. It's funny how Su Hang realised he must have a brain problem

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww (sadly)


    The only thing I could say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, finally Su Hang realized his first-life self must had brain problems

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so nice to see how much SH has grown compared to the previous life.

    Thanks so much for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww thank you for the chapter. So it’s end like this? He had to “chase” his wife back? Thank you for your hardwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opps. There’s still a few extra. Just now the link somehow end to chapter 54. Tq

      Delete
  11. THE ENTIRE CHAPTER I WAS LIKE "RIGHT? RIGHT?? RIIIIIGHHT???? WEREN'T YOU SUCH A BIG DOOFUS????" and kept nodding my head so hard it almost fell off OMG. Su Hang realising previous life Su Hang is a DOOFUS is the BEST feeling. Bless this author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHHHHHHHH THIS IS SO VERY VERY GOOD!! NOW SU HANG IS EXPERIENCING SHEN XIs EXPERIENCE

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment