Please confess to me [rebirth] 55

Extra (3)


The married Su Hang body swapped to the divorced Su Hang (End)


***





"Let me go." Shen Xi struggled.

Su Hang released Shen Xi obediently allowed himself to be pushed away. However, he kept a hold on Shen Xi's hand, anxiously waiting for her answer.

"I don't believe you." Shen Xi stared at Su Hang, and calmly replied.

What?? Don't believe him???? He already confessed, ah. Why doesn't she believe him? Su Hang was so shocked he couldn't speak for a few moments.

"Su Hang, we've been married for five years. Five years is a very long time. Even if I'm incredibly stupid, I think I'd be able to tell whether my husband likes me or not." Shen Xi told him. "The woman you have in your heart isn't me."

"If I didn't have you in my heart, why would I marry you?" Su Hang asked, grabbing Shen Xi's other hand.

"I don't know. Why don't you tell me?" Shen Xi gave him a bitter smile. At first, Shen Xi thought that Su Hang simply wanted the prestige that came with her surname. However, in the past five years of their marriage, not once did Su Hang use her identity to do anything. In fact, it seems that Su Hang went out of his way to avoid cooperating with the Shen company. There was once a time that Shen Xi thought Su Hang might have feelings for her, but years of icy countenance and indifferent expressions had long dissuaded Shen Xi of that idea.
  
"Xiao Xi, what's the matter?" Su Hang was shocked by Shen Xi's sad expression. He had never seen her so dismal. Her expression stabbed his heart so fiercely that Su Hang thought he might actually die.

Shen Xi blinked, and the tears that had accumulated in the corner of her eyes fell. Embarrassed and panicked, Shen Xi tried to flee. "I-I'm going to rest upstairs. I'll properly consider having a child."

Shen Xi's tears made Su Hang unable to move. Frozen, he dumbly watched Shen Xi walk upstairs until she disappeared from his sight. The image of Shen Xi's heartbroken expression was like a hot brand, stuck in his mind like a never-ending loop. 

Su Hang couldn't breathe.

What's going on? What went wrong? Why is Xiao Xi so sad?

Su Hang didn't dare go upstairs as he didn't know how to make things better. This Shen Xi was different from his Xiao Xi, and she might not react as positively if he tried to comfort her. In the end, he stayed in the living room for an hour, at a loss, before going into his study.

When Su Hang turned his computer on, he casually opened a folder and found a familiar encrypted folder inside. The reason Su Hang was familiar with it was due to the fact that before he confessed to Shen Xi, Su Hang had the same folder on his computer. Su Hang paused, inputted the familiar password, then was greeted with a folder filled with photos of Shen Xi.

Su Hang looked at all the files one by one. Like the photos in his cellphone, almost all of them were taken on the sly. However, it seems that after November 2017, something was missing. Su Hang compared the files for a while and realized that after this time, Shen Xi no longer smiled.

Her warm, bright eyes and her cute little dimple had disappeared.

Su Hang felt infinitely worse, and he abruptly closed the folder. He wanted to throw his computer against the wall. Su Hang stood up, intending to do just that when he saw something in the corner of his eye-- a file named 'five reasons to divorce Shen Xi.'

Fucking hell, what the fuck is this shit Su Hang sat back down and angrily opened the file.

First Reason: Shen Xi doesn't like you (Bullshit, my wife loves me.)

Second Reason: Su Hang, you know you don't deserve Shen Xi. (So what? My wife doesn't care about my past.)

Third Reason: You've been married to her for five years, Su Hang. How many times have you seen Shen Xi smile? You haven't seen her smile for nearly three years. The last time you've seen her happy was at Yun Shu's wedding. (Fucking hell, what have you done to my wife?)

Fourth Reason: Once you divorce her, she'll be free. (Free? What does that even mean?)

Fifth Reason: Su Hang, you've been selfish for five years. Enough is enough. Divorcing her is the last good thing you can do for her. (What a bunch of nonsense!)

Without hesitation, Su Hang smashed the computer. He pointed towards the broke screen and scolded: "You blockhead, what have you done for the past five years? How did my beloved wife end up like this???"

Su Hang paced around his study, incredibly incensed. When his anger gradually died down, he went upstairs. He went into the bedroom and saw Shen Xi lying on the bed, her back towards him. Su Hang hesitated for a moment, then got into the bed and carefully held Shen Xi in his arms.

"Don't touch me." Shen Xi's cold voice suddenly rang out.

Su Hang froze for a moment, then let go.

Neither of them had a good night's sleep, but when the sun rose the next day, Su Hang bought a rose and gave it to Shen Xi in bed when she woke up. 

"I said you didn't need to..."

"I remember." Su Hang looked at Shen Xi and seriously asked: "But is it wrong for a man to give his wife flowers?"

"No." Shen Xi was momentarily stunned.

"Then I'll give this to you. Will you accept it?" Su Hang asked.

Shen Xi looked at the rose in his hand. She hesitated for about two seconds, then whispered: "Thank you."

Su Hang grinned and said: "I thought about what happened yesterday all night. You said you don't believe that I like you."

Shen Xi looked up towards him.

"So, from now on, I'll pursue you until you believe it." Su Hang smiled. "I'll get up early every day and buy you a rose. Every weekend, I'll accompany you when you go to visit your parents. Every three days, I'll accompany you when you go shopping. Every time a new movie is out, I'll bring you out for a date. When Christmas comes, I'll bring you to the capital of W Country to go see the Christmas tree. During the New Year holidays, I'll take you and your parents out for a trip."

"If you need me for something, no matter how far I am, I will come to you. I'll always put you first. Also, I'm not doing this for the sake of having a child. We won't have any children until you come to like me. In this life, I won't need anyone else but you."

Shen Xi looked at Su Hang in disbelief, and her hand that held the rose began to tremble. Her brain was struggling to comprehend what was happening. Her intuition told her that this couldn't possibly be happening, but her heart couldn't help but be happy anyway.
   
"If I do all this, then as my wife, can you please set aside some of your time and cooperate with me to complete my promises?" Su Hang asked her.

"You...what about the person you're in love with? Have you already forgotten her?" Shen Xi asked in a trembling voice.

"As I said, I never liked anyone other than you. If you don't believe me, then I'll come back with some evidence tonight." Su Hang replied.

Shen Xi looked at Su Hang with a complicated expression. She was hesitant to believe him but was willing to try.

"Tonight?"

"Tonight, when I come back from work." Shen Xi watched as Su Hang moved to hold her hand. She didn't break free this time.

After breakfast, the first thing Su Hang did when he arrived at work was to ask Fang Yu: "Have you found Chen Yu?"

"Yes, this is his contact information and address." Fang Yu handed Su Hang a note.

Su Hang accepted the paper and was about to leave, but was stopped by Fang Yu.

"What is it?" Su Hang impatiently asked.

"President, the bank called and said that if you don't pay back the money by today, you'll have to apply for an asset freeze." Fang Yu told him.

Su Hang frowned, once again thinking that the previous Su Hang was utterly useless. How did that idiot end up in this situation? "Alright, I get it. I'll solve it before I get off work today. Just appease the bank first."

"Understood." Fang Yu replied, feeling relieved.

Su Hang left and drove to Chen Yu's company. When he finally met Chen Yu, Su Hang shoved his business card onto the man and straightforwardly told him: "I know you're confused, but twenty years ago, when you were in Qing'an orphanage, you picked up a bracelet that allowed you to be adopted. That bracelet was mine, and I want you to give it back to me."

The befuddled Chen Yu: "...."

"Xiao Lang, do you want me to find your adoptive parents and get them to have a talk with Dean Yao?" Su Hang asked.

Chen Yu's expression changed, and his memory began to return. "I-I didn't mean to. I'm..."

"Yes, yes, I already know what you want to say. I don't want to hear it. Just give me the bracelet." Su Hang huffed.

"It's with my ex-girlfriend." Chen Yu stammered.

"Then get it back."

"But...she's your sister." Chen Yu replied.

"Who?"

"Su MingLi." Chen Yu reminded him.

Su Hang was stunned for all of two seconds before he finally remembered his other 'family.' Ever since his father-in-law cut off ties with them, the Su family could no longer thrive in China and had to go abroad. 
  
"Is she abroad?" Su Hang frowned.

"No, they're still in S City." Chen Yu awkwardly replied.

"Then send the bracelet to my company before the workday ends. Otherwise, you'll be ruined." Su Hang threatened.

"You..."

"Don't bother trying to reason with me, I'm in a horrible mood right now. Remember, before the workday ends." Ignoring Chen Yu's constipated expression, Su Hang left and went to find his father-in-law, Shen Xi's father.

When Su Hang arrived at the Shen company, Father Shen's secretary was very surprised to see him. "President Su."

"Uncle Lian, is my father here?" Su Hang had taken to calling Secretary Liang as Uncle Liang these past few years, just like Shen Xi.

Secretary Liang blinked in surprise, before replying: "Yes, I'll tell him you've come."

Soon, Secretary Liang led Su Hang into Father Shen's office.

Su Hang walked in and jolted at the way Father Shen was looking at him. Su Hang realized that Father Shen's favorability rating towards him was probably at rock bottom, and he wanted to curse. Su Hang wanted to kill the other Su Hang for wasting so much time, ah.

"Dad." Su Hang gave Father Shen his best flattering smile.

"Mr. Su, why have you come to the Shen company today?" After years of disappointment, Father Shen is wholly unsatisfied with this son-in-law. His wonderful daughter was left despondent all because of this man.

"To be honest, Dad, I've come to you for help." Su Hang unabashedly came looking for a favor.

"Help?" Father Shen sneered. "I've offered to help you so many times, yet you always throw it back to my face. Didn't you tell me that even if the Su company collapsed, you would never let the Shen family help you? For what reason did you suddenly change your mind and take the initiative to come to me for help?"

"Before..." Su Hang's gaze strayed away from Father Shen. "Dad, it'll all my fault. Back then, I always felt that it doesn't matter if I end up poor. But now, I have to have enough money to buy milk powder, ah."

"Milk powder money?" Father Shen raised a brow and practically leaped from his seat.

Su Hang wiped his brow, feeling guilty. But then he consoled himself with the thought that he technically wasn't lying. After all, he had three children, ah.

Father Shen called the bank and, thanks to his family name, suspended the debt payment and solved the Su company's funding crisis. As the sun went down, Su Hang took the bracelet Chen Yu had dropped off, grabbed the rabbit hidden in his desk drawer, then drove home.

Shen Xi was sitting in the living room, having waited for his return all day.

"You're back?" For the first time ever, Shen Xi looked at Su Hang in expectation.

"I'm back." Su hang rushed to take his wife into his arms.

Mrs. Zhang was so happy she couldn't help but shed some tears. For five years, she had watched the couple's cold countenance in distress. Glad that they were finally making progress, Mrs. Zhang hurried to leave and let the husband and wife have some space.

After dinner, Su Hang showed Shen Xi the bracelet and rabbit doll, then once again told her his secret love history. He didn't care whether this was a dream, or if he had been sucked into an alternate reality.

If you don't remember my love for you, I'll just tell you again.

Even if you don't believe me, I'll try my best to make you believe it.

As long as you're still you and I'm still me, we will be together.

This is what you've taught me.




***



THAT LAST LINE. I'M IN TEARS. The stark contrast with the two Su Hang's just goes to show how much he's grown and become more confident. Shen Xi, you're the best!


Previous | TOC | Next

Comments

  1. This chapter we are see clearly SH character development. Huhuhu 😭 you doing a good job, SuHang!!

    Cant wait for other extra, thank you for translating 💖🌱

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need money to buy milk powder, Su Hang lol haha
    ヾ(≧▽≦*)o

    Yesss Su Hang has really grown to be so confident! I'm so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I’m still not ready for the next chapters. Reading it via MTL was already bittersweet. Ah what the hey. I’m a glutton for punishment anyway. 😂🤣

    ReplyDelete
  4. You kept a file stating the reasons for divorcing SX? SH, you idiot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, I caught up to this amazing series at just the right chapter!

    Thank you so much for the amazing translations!! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this really the end? No more extras? I'm sad now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll get the new Shen Xi's part too. Remember that her husband was swapped with the old SH? 😊

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much. This novel is very lovely 💕💕.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oohh, the new Su Hang is experienced in romance life because his happy 5 years marriage life lol

    That's really funny new Su Hang always cursed on the old Si Hang because his idioticy

    ReplyDelete
  9. he is really a good guy . I would trust my daughter to him not at first mind you but after 5 years , i knew what kind of personalities he have . He is an awkward but responsible and loyal man . He doesnt show his love by words but by action . For me personaly this story is a little one sided heavy even with a good character devel . If it was a normal guy with that kind of money and situtation , he would probably just outright ignoring SX and take the Shen influence .SH made a lot a mistakes but you have to understand he have a syndrome and SX wasnt helping the case either by keeping a self pity attitude , she see her life like the worst kind of life when she have to be the great demon king SH concubine for her family . By keeping that self pity attitude she miss the fact that SH actually cared about her . As a man i have many male friends that so fun to talk to , they have a sweet mouth that woo many girls make them had their fun and then after they got the female heart and body , they said "its to easy" and start another conqeured . Contrast by my male quiet friends who is actually boring their relationship could hold for 3 years . My point few critics about SH didnt do him justice when despite his quiet and awkward nature he always try his best to give the best life he could give to his wife . Broader your mind unless you want meet a stut

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment