Please confess to me [rebirth] 45

Chapter 45  



***


The couple purely slept last night, but somehow, Shen Xi still got up late the next day. This was because a certain someone decided to seek death last night and made her stay out in the cold wind for more than ten minutes.

"Achoo!" Shen Xi quickly covered her nose with a tissue.

"It's all my fault." Su Hang felt very distressed when he saw Shen Xi's red nose and kept cursing himself in his heart. How could he hug Shen Xi and make her stay out for so long, ah? But, well, Shen Xi didn't say anything despite the freezing weather...

"This is nothing. I'll be good as new in a couple of days." Shen Xi comforted him. "You go on to work."

I'd rather get a cold than be tossed around all night by you, ah. Shen Xi rubbed her back at this thought.

Su Hang looked at the time. If he didn't leave now, he would be late. Su Hang tried to kiss Shen Xi goodbye, but Shen Xi immediately dodged his advances.

Su Hang looked at his wife with a wronged expression.

Shen Xi was speechless. "I have a cold, ah. I'm afraid I'll pass it on to you."

"That's good." Despite Shen Xi's evasion, Su Hang still insisted on kissing her. "Pass it onto me so you can get better faster."

"Are you stupid? How can there be a virus that transfers itself between people?" Shen Xi was astounded. "If I really do pass it to you, it would end with both of us having colds."

"That's fine too." Su Hang replied. "At least I wouldn't feel as anxious as I do now."

"That's enough, ah." Shen Xi's face was beginning to turn red at Su Hang's increasingly potent teasing. She pushed the man away and urged: "Hurry up and go to work so you can come back home earlier."

"...Nn." In the end, Su Hang reluctantly left for work.


    ==


At noon, Fang Yu drove Su Hang to a coffee shop in City S's development zone. Fang Yu pointed towards a man wearing a suit who was sitting by the window and said: "That's Chen Yu. He comes to this shop for coffee every day at noon."

Su Hang closed the document folder in his hand and placed it aside. Then, he looked at his watch and said: "I'll be out in ten minutes."

"Yes." Fang Yu nodded and drove away after Su Hang got off. After all, this was a no-parking zone.

Su Hang entered the coffee shop while unbuttoning his suit jacket with one hand. He glanced around the room, walked towards Chen Yu, then sat on the chair opposite Chen Yu without a single hello.

Chen Yu, who browsing on his tablet, noticed that someone had sat in his table and looked up in surprise. As soon as they locked eyes, Chen Yu felt the man exude an oppressive momentum aura. The other party's gaze was penetrating and very menacing. Chen Yu immediately felt a little uneasy. He put down his tabled, and hesitantly asked: "Sir, is there something you needed?"

"Nn." Su Hang faintly nodded.

Then, the waiter approached their table and asked Su Hang: "Would you like a drink, sir?"

"No, I won't be staying long." Su Hang replied.

The waiter nodded with a professional smile and walked away.

Chen Yu was flabbergasted. "I'm sorry, but I don't seem to know you?"

Su Hang glanced at him, then took out a business card from his pocket and handed it to Chen Yu.

Chen Yu accepted the card with a puzzled expression. But when he read the words 'Su Group President,' his eyes widened. Chen Yu immediately smiled at Su Hang and said: "Oh, it's Mr. Su. I often hear MingLi talk about you, ah. She also mentioned that we should visit you at the Su company sometime..."

An expressionless Su Hang replied: "You better not. It's unlikely that we'll see each other again."

Chen Yu frowned. Was this man trying to break him and MingLi up?

"Mr. Su, you don't agree with my relationship with MingLi? Although I'm just a small business owner, and my business isn't worth mentioning compared to such a big company like Su Group, that doesn't mean I'll stay like this forever." Chen Yu tried to fight for Su Hang's approval. "Our company's projected turnover is excellent this year, and we're already preparing to challenge the open market this coming fiscal quarter. If all goes well, we'll be able to join the Third Board next year. So I hope you won't draw hasty conclusions just yet. I hope you give us a chance, I..."

(T/N: Third New Board is a kind of stock market thingy where it only lists high-tech companies? MTLing such a complicated term left me confused, and I didn't want to spend too much time with this since it's literally a throw-away comment.)

Su Hang impatiently interrupted Chen Yu's fantasies by saying: "I didn't come here because of Su MingLi."

"Er..." Chen Yu, who was just about to spout another long-winded speech, was struck dumb. After a long silence, he asked: "Well...what did you come here for?"

"Chen Yu." Su Hang pointed at the business card he had given him. "Don't you find my name somewhat familiar?"

Bewildered, Chen Yu looked down at the business card he was holding once more. The two gilded characters of Su Hang's name stood out.

"It seems that you've forgotten." Su Hang began, "You were abandoned by your parents when you were six and was sent to Qing'an orphanage. You stayed there until you turned eight and was adopted by your current parents."

"Mr. Su, did you investigate me?" Chen Yu asked, his face turning sour.

"Nn." Su Hang magnanimously answered. "I did."

"Why?" Chen Yu asked.

Su Hang looked at him coldly and replied: "I'm going to tell you something now. Don't get too excited."

Chen Yu became indignant by his words.

"I grew up in the same orphanage as you."

"....what a coincidence?" Chen Yu's initially angry face turned white.

"When we were living in the orphanage, the dean liked to call me little Hang and you little Liang." Su Hang continued. "If I remember correctly, you slept in the upper bunk of my bed."

"Crash!" Chen Yu's hand shook, and his coffee spilled all over the table. Chen Yu hurriedly picked up his tablet and the overturned coffee cup in a panic. When he looked back at Su Hang, his face was pale, and his expression was clearly frightened.

"Twenty years ago, I lost a bracelet." As he looked at the terror-stricken Chen Yu, Su Hang slowly said: "Recently, I heard that this bracelet was with you."

Chen Yu looked at the calm man in front of him and felt like he had fallen into an ice cellar. He couldn't say anything and could only tremble.

Meanwhile, a waiter noticed the mess on their table and approached them with a mop and dishcloth. "Sir, would you like me to get you another cup of coffee?"

"No, no." Chen Yu regained himself and replied in a small voice. He moved away and waited for the waiter to clean the mess. When the waiter left, he sat back down on his chair.

"I-I..." Chen Yu's heart was feeling incredibly guilty as he said: "I don't...I didn't do it on purpose."

"Oh." Su Hang sarcastically replied: "I thought you were going to say you didn't remember."

"Back then, the dean brought my parents around..." Chen Yu paused for a moment, then continued: "While you weren't in the room, I found the bracelet on the ground. At that moment, the dean brought my foster parents into the room. I didn't know the bracelet belonged to you and thought it was my adoptive mother's. So I offered it to her, wanting to return it. I didn't know they would suddenly change their mind and adopt me instead..."

"But, you knew that I was the one they were going to adopt." Su Hang sharply interrupted him.

"I really didn't mean to do it." Chen Yu quickly tried to explain. "I didn't tell them to adopt me."

"Well, in the end, it doesn't matter. I'm not here to settle past grievances." Su Hang looked down at his watch and said: "I'm not interested in what happened all those years ago. I came here today just to get that bracelet back."

Chen Yu was stunned. The conversation he had with Su MingLi yesterday flashed in his mind.

"So you were the one that saved Shen Xi when she was a child. Did you know? To find you, the Shen family set up a special charity to help orphans. Isn't your company going public soon? Weren't you having trouble getting that loan approved? As long as you take this opportunity to form a good relationship with the Shen family, won't everything go smoothly? You wouldn't even need to speak up. As long as people know that you have a relationship with the Shen family, everyone will treat you with respect."

"The Shen family said that they wanted to invite you to dinner this weekend. We could go together. The Shen parents seem to be very fond of you already..."

At first, Chen Yu hadn't intended to deceive anyone. But Su MingLi's words were too tempting. Naturally, he knew who the Shen family was. In fact, many top business people in City S would do their best to curry favor with the Shen family. And anyway, he didn't actively try to cheat the Shen family. It was their mistake for failing to recognize the right person.

But now, this was no longer important. Because the real owner of the bracelet, the true benefactor the Shen family had been looking for all this time, was actually Shen Xi's husband. At this point, if he tried to enter the Shen family home with this bracelet, it would be nothing short of killing his career.

"Bracelet..."

"I know Su MingLi gave it back to you." Su Hang coldly told Chen Yu.

Chen Yu was surprised at Su Hang's thorough investigation. After a moment's silence, he took out a blue jewelry box from his suitcase and placed it in front of Su Hang.

Su Hang reached out and opened the box. After confirming that it was the item he was looking for, Su Hang simply got up to leave.

"If..." Chen Yu suddenly spoke. "If you were the one that got adopted back then, maybe your father wouldn't be able to find you as easily. Maybe you wouldn't have returned to the Su family and gotten the power and authority that you have now as the Su family head."

Su Hang's back stiffened as some bad memories were brought back to the surface. Then, he turned around and sarcastically replied: "You're right, I have to thank you for that. Has your conscience cleared now that I've said that?"

Chen Yu watched through the window as Su Hang walked to the sidewalk. A black business car immediately stopped in front of him, and then an elite-looking man got off to open the car door for Su Hang. Looking at this scene, Chen Yu couldn't help but wryly smile at himself. Some people were simply born lucky. Ah, he wasted so many years blaming himself.


Back in the Su company, Su Hang handed the jewelry box to Fang Yu. "Go change the box, then give it to me before I get off of work."

"Yes." Fang Yu replied."


    ==
 
Back home, when the couple finished eating dinner, Su Hang handed a jewelry box to Shen Xi. After opening the box, Shen Xi looked at Su Hang in disbelief.

"It's your parents' keepsake that you've been looking for all these years." Su Hang explained.

This bracelet had been lost when Shen Xi was only just over three years old, so there was no way for her to remember what it looked like. After listening to Su Hang's words, Shen Xi was surprised. "You got it back?"

"Nn." When he saw Shen Xi's smile, Su Hang's mouth couldn't help but curve.

"How did the bracelet end up in that man's hands?" Shen Xi curiously asked.

"He said he found it in his room in the orphanage. He thought it was his adoptive mother's bracelet, so he took it away." Su Hang lightly replied.

"Why didn't he send it back to the orphanage when he found out it wasn't his mother's?" Shen Xi asked.

Su Hang shrugged and didn't answer.

"Well, at least he immediately gave it back to you as soon as you asked for it. That's still pretty good." Shen Xi told him.

"Yes." Su Hang echoed. "So I thanked him well."

"Then, we'll talk to my parents about this matter tomorrow." Shen Xi told Su Hang, delighted. "Once my parents find out that you were that big brother who saved me, they'll definitely like you more."

Like? So compared to regaining your parents' long-lost keepsake, you're more concerned about making them like me a little more?

"What's the matter? Why do you look distracted?" Seeing Su Hang's dazed expression, Shen Xi couldn't help but ask: "Are you not free tomorrow?"

"No." Su Hang shook his head. "I'm just worried about your cold. You might pass it to mom and dad."

"Ah, yeah. My mom isn't in good health." Shen Xi thought for a bit, then said: "Let's wait until I get rid of my cold."

Su Hang smiled, then leaned towards her to steal a few kisses.

"What are you doing, ah." Shen Xi angrily pushed him away. "Behave yourself."

"I just want you to get better faster, ah." Su Hang innocently replied.

"Oh, so you're totally not trying to take advantage of the situation?" Shen Xi raised a brow.

"Alright." Su Hang grabbed his wife's hand, and solemnly said: "I admit it. I really want to take advantage of you."

"Su Hang!" Shen Xi threw off his hand. "Why are you becoming more and more like a rogue, ah."

"That's wrong, ah." Su Hang pushed Shen Xi onto the sofa and loomed over her. He whispered in her ear: "You're only a rogue if the other party isn't your wife."



***

Previous | TOC | Next

Comments

  1. Ladies and gentlemen, our Su Hang has grown up...


    Like a gotdang rogue. 😂🤣




    Thanks for the chapter! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel something seems to be wrong with the word rouge, after reading your comment, i got eureka moment!! It supposes to be rogue, lol

      Delete
    2. Oh lol thanks for this I'll change it

      Delete
  2. His brain finally turned online, but in a crooked way. I love this novel so much! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Su Hang hahahaha I'm speechless 😂😂😂😂

    Our little puppy Su Hang has turned into a wolf
    ヾ(≧▽≦*)o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the chapter. I like a confident Su Hang. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so proud of our Su Hang!! He is growing so fast already☺😥🤣

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is he so shameless?? Hahaha!! My Goodness Mr. Su!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment